snusology

My tobacco plants

· 15 · 2965

Offline Justadipper

My tobacco plants
« on: July 26, 2012, 11:38:18 AM »
I posted this in this forum because i  manufactured this tobacco. Not for sale but this place was empty and it was depressing.

See i had these plants that i mentioned about a month ago. I picked all the leaves off because i got impatient and put it in a bag to try and cure the small leaves that way. Some of it may come out ok, but i have yet to finish the minimal cure. (2 weeks) I ditched them and stopped watering, giving nutrients, pesticide. They are tough plants. I recommend everyone to try and grow them. They regrew leaves, lived through drought, and survived there own pests without any assistance. Check em out. Just snapped some quick pics and number 7 is my favorite. http://s1167.photobucket.com/albums/q639/JamesRoeMarsh/

Offline Justadipper

Re: My tobacco plants
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 02:34:53 AM »
Striked no interest?

Offline vinc69

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 03:12:37 AM »
Thats cool , how much do you think they will yield after your finished curing them ?

Offline Justadipper

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 03:20:24 AM »
Well, it depends on how long i decide to let them grow. I'm an impatient person. If i let them grow i imagine i can get, 10 tins a plant...sounds about right to me. It's mostly rustica, so it will be strong and probably very shitty tasting.

Offline Spice 8

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 07:59:39 PM »
The rustica is great for snuff :)

Offline chadizzy1

• Snubie.com / snusology.com
    • Snubie.com - Snus news, reviews, and information.
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 08:10:49 PM »
We do need to add a grow your own section.

Offline cnash

• snusology.com
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 09:13:10 PM »
We do need to add a grow your own section.

Yes. There will be one. ;)

Offline Tregs

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 01:01:16 AM »
Awesome, looks great man!!   And they survive their own pests because nicotine is a pesticide (that is actually why tobacco has nicotine, because they evolved to chemically produce it to survive, because in the past early forms got decimated by pests and insects).

For the last couple summers I have been considering trying to grow some too, but I always get lazy and then it gets too late in the season lol.

But I am interested in how it will turn out.  Are you going to try to make chew out of them? If so make some videos of the results!!

Offline Justadipper

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 04:08:50 AM »
Thanks man. Thanks guys! I will probably make chew. I might make it into pipe tobacco as well. I will post a video on how it turns out.  ;D Another month of growing and a month of curing. But i'm not sure how i cure the rustica for it has pretty small leaves.

Offline vinc69

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 04:14:31 AM »
I suprised that there isn't some piece of shit law about producing your own tobacco lol ! :D

Offline Justadipper

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 04:16:28 AM »
I suprised that there isn't some piece of shit law about producing your own tobacco lol ! :D
Everyone i tell i'm growing tobacco tells me it's illegal. Yah, no. If the government wants a couple extra bucks so i can grow my own tobacco i'd be perfectly fine with that though. However some people may not be.

Offline Tregs

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 11:01:06 PM »
Everyone i tell i'm growing tobacco tells me it's illegal. Yah, no. If the government wants a couple extra bucks so i can grow my own tobacco i'd be perfectly fine with that though. However some people may not be.
its not, at least not in America.  Anyone of any age can grow tobacco on private property for personal, non-profit use.  Maybe the EU has stricter laws though.

Offline vinc69

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 03:13:20 AM »
how do you get the seeds ? ???

Offline Tregs

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 03:47:29 AM »
how do you get the seeds ? ???
online or at a garden center.  they are really cheap.

there are no regulations on seeds or on growing so they can be purchased as easily as tomato or cucumber seeds.

Offline Justadipper

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 04:02:45 AM »
You can buy any seed online.  ;)