Topic rating:
  • Currently 4.25/5

Thunder RAW Frosted Ultra Strong

· 5 · 2627

Offline snusology

• snusology.com
Thunder RAW Frosted Ultra Strong
« on: December 30, 2011, 03:00:39 AM »
Strong Portion snus with a very smooth, long lasting spearmint taste and a hint of slight pepper.

Nicotine: 21mg/g
Net weight: 22.6g

Offline cnash

• snusology.com
Re: Thunder RAW Frosted Ultra Strong
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 03:44:12 AM »
Snus Review: Thunder RAW Frosted Ultra Strong
Original Air Date: December 29, 2011

Snus Review: Thunder RAW Frosted

Offline silentRogue

• Jersey represent!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 01:02:15 PM »
All I can say is WHOA. Mighty mighty strong. I don't like that it's drippy wet after 10 minutes though.

Offline Duff338

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 08:59:24 PM »
Great stuff, but only a once a day for me.

It kicks like a horse, or a cop, or a cop's horse....HARD

Offline The Stig

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 10:13:26 PM »
When I first saw this snus come out, I was a bit hesitant on trying it. Think about it, the can is pretty intimidating with "Raw Ultra Strong" scratched on it like the hand of Valhalla etched it with a lightning bolt and a reflective silver blue label on a black can! And I'm not an easy person to intimidate! I've tried my fair share of Ultra Strong snus brands and they've all been either nauseatingly high in Nicotine leaving me with head spins and a night in the bathroom or, taste pretty good and really no difference in Nicotine hit from any other Extra Sterk snus. Then came Thunder Raw!

I must say that V2 really had their thinking caps on when they developed this snus! The flavor is truly of mint, kind of like eating a mint leaf. You get that mint hit and a bit of earthy tones way in the background but the flavor is overall really good. There is a slight burn in the lip but that's to be expected from any kind of mint product. Those new to snus have to keep in mind that the burn you feel is just from a chemical in the mint flavoring and nothing to worry about. The material that V2 uses for their Thunder Raw is really comfortable in the lip, even for extended periods of time. I've had a portion in my lip for over 2 hours and had no discomfort whatsoever. The flavor also lasts really long. Again, 2 hours is pretty much the max before the flavor goes flat but, since the average Swede keeps a portion in for about 45 minutes, 2 hours is pretty good if you ask me!

As for the Nicotine hit, that really surprised me. Like I said in the beginning, some of the ultra high Nicotine snus brands out there have a tendency to be too strong really. They sacrifice flavor and comfort to create the highest Nicotine snus available. Rightfully so though, since Norway is most Swedish snus manufacturer's target and largest market and the Norwegians are the ones that are asking for snus with a higher Nicotine content, no matter what it tastes like. Here in the states however, I for one want a high Nicotine snus that has a great flavor as well and this is where Thunder Raw comes in!

The 21 mg of Nicotine that are in each portion of Thunder Raw seems like it would be enough to blow my helmet off my head but it's truly not that bad. Like I said, I've had other snus brands that placed me in the bathroom for an hour due to the way the Nicotine is released but this never happened with Thunder Raw. The Nicotine hit came on gradually and had a calming effect on me. This lasted for about 45 minutes and then slowly wound down. For this reason, I would not only recommend Thunder Raw to seasoned snus users who are used to Ultra Strong snus but to the beginner in the high Nicotine race as well.

V2 has truly created the perfect Ultra Strong portion snus with Thunder Raw Ultra Strong. A perfect marriage between flavor, feel and strength. I recommend that everyone give at least one can of this awesome snus a try!

And Kudos to the guys at V2 Tobacco for creating this snus, keep up the great work guys!

The Stig
Some say.....he's the bastard child of two Swedish tobacco farmers....and that Swedish Match has "Wanted" posters of him plastered all over their factories.....all we know is he's called The Snus Stig!