Topic rating:
  • Currently 4.00/5

Phantom Classic Blue Portion

· 4 · 1655

Offline snusology

• snusology.com
« on: December 28, 2011, 01:46:03 AM »
Original Portion snus with a taste reminiscent of other v2 versions of “blue”, traditional tobacco flavors with hints of juniper berries and other herbs.

Nicotine: 8mg/portion
Portions per can: 24
Net weight: 24g

Offline The Stig

Re: Phantom Classic Blue Portion
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 03:20:51 PM »
In the beginning, Phantom Blue was one of those few snus flavors that you either loved, or hated, there was really no middle ground with this snus. One of the biggest factors that made folks hate Phantom Blue was the scent that came from the can. The first incarnation of Phantom Blue had a scent that was reminiscent of Windex but, the flavor was actually quite good. As the description explains, Phantom Blue has a flavor that's of traditional tobacco flavors with hints of Juniper at herbs. In essence, this description was not really accurate. The first version actually had the flavor of lemon in the front with very little in the way of tobacco or, Juniper for that matter. I liken the flavor to Lemonheads candy right down to the sweet, sour aspect. I love Lemonheads so, I really liked the flavor. But again, the strong flavor was a love/hate type. Now, in 2012, we have another type of flavor profile that, if you haven't tried Phantom Blue recently, you really need to give another shot!

The new flavor profile with Phantom Blue almost makes it an entirely new brand IMO! Let me explain a bit, like I said in the beginning, the first version of Phantom Blue had an unmistakeable smell of Windex. The 2012 version on the other hand, has more of a Juniper scent mixed with a slightly dark chocolate smell, much different than the first version and no Windex smell whatsoever! The flavor has also changed dramatically, where the first version had an "in your face" slightly sweet lemon flavor, this is not so with the 2012 version. In this version of Phantom Blue, the flavors are of true Juniper with a bit of cedar in the background. Herbally sweet, slightly peppery tobaccos are in the background and just the smallest hint of lemon can be found in the finish. Overall, a complex mix of flavors that match the description in the 2012 version of Phantom Blue!

While I personally miss the "Lemonheads" flavor of the first version on Phantom Blue, I feel that the flavors that can be tasted in today's version are just as unique and have found a permanent home in my rotation. As I said in the beginning, if you haven't tried Phantom Blue in a while you really should give it another try, especially if you were turned off by the scent of the first version.

The Stig
Some say.....he's the bastard child of two Swedish tobacco farmers....and that Swedish Match has "Wanted" posters of him plastered all over their factories.....all we know is he's called The Snus Stig!

Offline vinc69

Re: Phantom Classic Blue Portion
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 07:38:52 AM »
I tried this stuff and thought it was crap it was like windex in your mouth total crap would never use it again ! :(

Offline el jefe

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 03:57:15 PM »
I tried this stuff and thought it was crap it was like windex in your mouth total crap would never use it again ! :(

Agreed