Topic rating:
  • Currently 5.00/5

(GN) Oden's 59 Extreme Portion

· 4 · 1820

Offline snusology

• snusology.com
(GN) Oden's 59 Extreme Portion
« on: December 14, 2011, 01:21:01 AM »
Strong Portion snus with a spicy traditional tobacco flavor with a hint of cinnamon.

Nicotine: 22mg/g
Portions per can: 20
Net weight: 20g

Offline chadizzy1

• Snubie.com / snusology.com
    • Snubie.com - Snus news, reviews, and information.
Re: (GN) Oden's 59 Extreme Portion
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 05:13:03 PM »
On 29 September 2009, I wrote about Oden's Kanel Ekstra Sterk Portion. I really liked it, and it has quite the following in the snus world - I know of several people who use it. I liked it quite a lot when I tried it and have used it occasionally since then. Today I'm going to be writing about the newest release from GN Tobacco, Oden's Extreme 59 Portion. Oden's 59 is the newest snus in the Extreme line, containing 22mg of nicotine. It is "Kanel" flavored as well, Kanel of course meaning cinnamon in Swedish. GN has decided to drop the name Kanel with the newest release and go with the number 59 to describe cinnamon flavored snuses in their line. This also applies to the Loose version which I'll write about later, and any other releases that may come under this number. Why this number? When Oden's 69 came out I asked them and no particular reason, just a product number.

This snus has been in development for quite sometime, and now that I've gone through a can of it, I felt it was time to share my thoughts. As you can see from the pic - the 59 portions are very moist! The cans were originally rumored to be the new Oden's cans, I shared pictures of them in April, but upon release they're still the hockey puck cans. I'm sure in time that will change when they run out of them, but for now this is the current release form of Oden's 59. The aroma is very pleasant - a mellow cinnamon smell. It doesn't have the spicy/pepper smell of Oden's Extreme, which is interesting as I thought it would be mixed in there somewhere. The portions are full, and quite comfortable in the lip. The nicotine hit is quite strong, as is to be expected of a snus under the Extreme flag. The taste is very pleasant, a mellow and natural cinnamon taste with very little salt to speak of. Much like I observed with Oden's Kanel ES, it isn't a sweet cinnamon, but a very raw tasting cinnamon. There is a slight note of spiciness in the background, but not the peppery taste I've come to know and love with Extreme itself, it's much more an afterthought in this snus. The taste is great, and definitely worth the time we've waited for it's release. Big props to the folks at GN, another great release!

Offline cnash

• snusology.com
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 11:55:08 PM »
Snus Review: Oden's Extreme 59 Portion
Original Air Date: August 17, 2011

Snus Review: Oden's Extreme 59 Portion

Offline SnusMe

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 08:41:40 PM »
Now here we go. This stuff is the SHIZZZZZNITTTTT!!! I though going into this I would absolutely hate it and only use it because of the nicotine content, but hell was I wrong. The first time I used it I threw it in, it didn't drip much (perfect) and I was amazed by the flavor. I have no idea what they are talking about when they mention cinnamon, because I get none of that. It tastes like a real earthy and tea flavor, with a tiny tiny amount of spice to it. The flavor lasts forever the nic hit is insanely amazing, and it is overall an amazing snus. It is something I don't plan on using all the time mainly because I fell in love with the feeling I got the first time I used it. But when I do use it, I savor the moment.