Topic rating:
  • Currently 4.00/5

(GN) Oden's Original Portion

· 5 · 2375

Offline snusology

• snusology.com
(GN) Oden's Original Portion
« on: December 14, 2011, 01:16:10 AM »
Regular Portion snus with a spicy traditional tobacco taste.

Nicotine: 8mg/g
Portions per can: 20
Net weight: 20g

Offline chadizzy1

• Snubie.com / snusology.com
    • Snubie.com - Snus news, reviews, and information.
Re: (GN) Oden's Original Portion
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 05:10:49 PM »
I recently got my hands on some of the new Oden's Original Portion Snus, so I thought I'd write up a little something about it. First of all - this is not the same as Oden's Classic, these have a completely different taste. If anything I'd say it's a cross between Olde Viking Original Portion and Oden's Extreme Portion. Both are good in their own right, and I feel this kinda blends them together in a very interesting way. I am liking the black cans, so a thumbs up to GN for dropping their latest snuses in these black cans. They're still huge and bulky, but we're being told that is changing soon. So, let's talk Oden's Original Portion. When I opened the can two aromas immediately jumped out at me - but it was weird because they were so perfectly balanced. It was a very gentle pairing of citrus and pepper. Much like in Olde Viking - the sweet, floral, airy citrus aroma comes out first - and Extreme, where the pepper aroma jumps out at you immediately. In this snus - the citrus and pepper both come through immediately, but in perfect balance and slightly more mellow than the other two counterparts I previously mentioned. It's interesting.

The snus itself tastes much like I described the aroma as being. The rich pepper taste that is very present in Oden's Extreme, and the slightly sweet citrus taste in Olde Viking both come through together, but paired perfectly and a little more mellow and not as bold as Extreme or Olde Viking. It's pretty interesting. The flavor is very long lasting, and the portions are very comfortable. This is a really good snus. Not too much of a salt flavor - maybe a tad, but nothing that stands out. The nicotine content is average so it doesn't hit as hard as Extreme for those wanting to try something a little more mellow and chill. I give props to GN, I really do. When they released their first two snuses - Olde Viking Spearmint and Olde Viking Ginger Lime I couldn't stand them. But now that they're releasing original/classic tasting snuses I'm finding I can use them more and more. And I'm not the only one - they're gaining a lot of momentum and quite a fan base with their attention to detail and positive customer relations. That's the kind of thing I like to see in a company, and I think GN is on the right track.

Offline Jared Person

• Snus and Disc Golf!!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 04:56:15 PM »
I dont see a link to Odens Original Loose, but i just got a can and all i can say is that its great... Salty with an earthy little sweetness. And for all you Dippers out there, this stuff smells exactly and i mean exactly like Copenhagen Snuff. The taste is very similar as well right at first, but as it develops it doesnt get bitter like Cope, but rather gets these little hints of sweet, but not chocolate sweet like Prima Fint, but....hmmmm i dont really know how to describe it....i guess Earthy Sweet is all i can come up with...anyways im a big fan of Loose and Odens Original is the first All Tobacco no frills loose ive tried and i LIKE IT!

Offline ploZo

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 05:13:25 PM »
I totally love this snus. As Chad said, pepper and citrus flavored snus, strong flavor and I completely love this. I have the loose so I'm going to try that one later.

Offline ploZo

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 05:24:35 PM »
I dont see a link to Odens Original Loose, but i just got a can and all i can say is that its great... Salty with an earthy little sweetness. And for all you Dippers out there, this stuff smells exactly and i mean exactly like Copenhagen Snuff. The taste is very similar as well right at first, but as it develops it doesnt get bitter like Cope, but rather gets these little hints of sweet, but not chocolate sweet like Prima Fint, but....hmmmm i dont really know how to describe it....i guess Earthy Sweet is all i can come up with...anyways im a big fan of Loose and Odens Original is the first All Tobacco no frills loose ive tried and i LIKE IT!

Do a review of it! Make a new topic and write it down! :D :D