Topic rating:
  • Currently 1.50/5

(GN) Odenís 69 White Portion

· 3 · 2292

Offline snusology

• snusology.com
(GN) Odenís 69 White Portion
« on: December 14, 2011, 01:09:56 AM »
White Portion snus with a traditional tobacco flavor.

Nicotine: 9mg/g
Portions per can: (Approx) 15
Net weight: 11g

Offline chadizzy1

• Snubie.com / snusology.com
    • Snubie.com - Snus news, reviews, and information.
Re: (GN) Odenís 69 White Portion
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 05:08:20 PM »
I was browsing Snus2 the other day, which is a snus shop located in Goteborg, Sweden - and noticed something interesting. A new product called "Oden's 69". SnusBolaget also had it available for sale and the description read, "Odin's 69 Dry White is a white portion with a lower humidity than ordinary white portions. Odin's 69 is a snus with a classic and a mild taste of tobacco.". Northerner (Sweden Warehouse) also has it for sale. I was really interested in it, so after checking in with some contacts overseas, I had some show up on my doorstep recently.

What's interesting to me is how confusing this snus in. Oden's is traditionally made by Gajane. Gajane and GN are like "sister companies" or something, where GN Tobacco produces Olde Viking snus. The interesting part? This is a Oden's Snus produced by GN Tobacco. The can doesn't even sport a Gajane logo anywhere. Also notable is that it's a White Portion, which to my knowledge I haven't seen come from Gajane/GN - they make original portion snus. This snus on the can actually called it a "Dry White Portion". The only other snus I've seen use the word "dry" is the General Dry Mini Mint or Catch Dry. And the number 69? Well, GN says it has no special meaning and is up to our imagination. But I mean, c'mon. Swedish Match used 01 and 02. Why jump to 69? My buddy Anthony from DrSnus.com remarked to me that 69 was the Zodiac symbol for Cancer. Interesting to use that on a can of tobacco, eh GN? That being said, I do like the can. I think white is a classy color, I love the Skruf design. I'm glad they're painting those ugly hockey puck cans they inherited when they bought the new factory.

Opening up a portion of snus you can tell how dry it actually is. To guesstimate, I'd say between 25% and 30% moisture content. It has a little moisture, but not much. The portions are quite dry, I pre-wetted all the ones I used. There are some people who like a dryer portion - so this snus would be right up your alley! The aroma of the snus itself is the traditional citrus aroma, slightly sweet and perfumy - reminds me a little of Gustavus in the smell department. Oden's 69 has a pretty pleasant balance of citrus and tobacco, the aroma doesn't match the flavor much at all. The citrus is present, but not overbearing against the tobacco. The tastes actually meld pretty well. It also has a pretty mellow salt balance going on, too. Oden's 69 is an interesting snus - if you like white portion and traditional snus flavors you'll probably enjoy this. It's a little dry for my taste, but a little pre-wetting usually does the trick. It's currently not available to the US - so if you're an international user and like a dry snus, check it out.

Offline cnash

• snusology.com
Re: (GN) Odenís 69 White Portion
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 11:29:57 PM »
Snus Review: Oden's 69
Original Air Date: October 22, 2010

Snus Review: Oden's 69