Author Topic: Snus lesions  (Read 10543 times)

Offline Newbee

• Posts Pending
Snus lesions
« on: November 11, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »
Hi again,
So I posted a thread due to a red area on my upper lip where I put the snus occasionally . Now the red area is gone and there is a whiter area and a little rough. What's weird is it's not like that anywhere else that i put the snus. I have been using thunder frosted portions. Is this normal or something bad ? I do switch sides often bc I had a lesion in my cheek where I had kept my chew all the time. Has anyone experienced this ? Is this the snus lesions they talk about and it it worrisome? Thanks all!!!!

Offline snusjus

• Post Newbie
Re: Snus lesions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 06:57:27 PM »
Most users of snus develop a lesion where the tobacco is placed, including myself. I wouldn't worry about it. In fact, see it as a badge of manliness. Haha.

Offline jerseysnuser13

• Post Newbie
  • eat, sleep, snus, vape, repeat
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:59:56 PM »
Prob due to the saltiness of the snus. I wouldn't worry.

Offline EricHill78

• Post Newbie
  • Gangsta!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 08:30:06 PM »
Odelay it's the cancer!!!!

I keed

Offline jagmanss

• Post Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 08:35:55 PM »
Odelay it's the cancer!!!!

I keed

Can you show scientific proof that it's not cancer? LMMFAO... But can you... I want proof .... ;D

Offline Newbee

• Posts Pending
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »
So how long dud it take for some of you to develop the snus lesions? I am just wandering if this is a real snus lesions or irritation. I have only been using snus for about a month and a half and I change places of the portions often.

Offline jagmanss

• Post Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »
I have been using snus for about 1 1/2 years and haven't had any lesions from snus.... I have had irritation if I keep putting snus in the same side in the same place over and over agian and not rotate....

I would say it is just irritation, Just because you are changing places where you put your snus does not mean you won't get irritation.... Your lip and gums will get used to it over time and tuffen up.... How much time depends from person to person.... For me it took about 2 months or so, But like I said above I still get it from time to time....

Offline Spice 8

• Post Newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »
I got one too. It starts off as "geezer lip" (where your lip gets wrinkled out due to salt), then it starts to wear your skin out. Yeah it is from the salt as I was doin General Lös and The Rape`alot during that time, which are salty snus, and I could keep a prilla in for like 2 hrs. I tried the other cheek and couldnt hold a prilla for shit. I started using Roda which is less salty and its gone away since. Now its back to the previous two.

Offline cnash

• Founder
    • snusology.com
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 10:05:40 PM »
It's probably just irritation.
I've never had a lesion but I have had some irritation, especially if you use a lot of white portions or lös.

Offline snusjus

• Post Newbie
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 10:25:28 PM »
Can you show scientific proof that it's not cancer? LMMFAO... But can you... I want proof .... ;D
This page has a wealth of information on the subject:
http://www.swedishmatch.com/en/Snus-and-health/Harm-reduction/Research-on-snus/Reports-and-papers/Oral-lesions/
Remember, physical irritation alone does not increase the risk of cancer -- TSNAs do. For example, scratching a specific portion of your arm on a daily, constant basis will not increase the risk of cancer on the area.

Offline Duff338

• Post Newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 11:04:26 PM »
This page has a wealth of information on the subject:
http://www.swedishmatch.com/en/Snus-and-health/Harm-reduction/Research-on-snus/Reports-and-papers/Oral-lesions/
Remember, physical irritation alone does not increase the risk of cancer -- TSNAs do. For example, scratching a specific portion of your arm on a daily, constant basis will not increase the risk of cancer on the area.

I think Jag was playing off something that happened on another forum with a kooked out lady

Offline jagmanss

• Post Newbie
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 11:29:29 PM »
I think Jag was playing off something that happened on another forum with a kooked out lady

^^^ This ;D ^^^

Offline Newbee

• Posts Pending
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 02:47:10 PM »
Thanks everyone. Now my lower lip where I have been keeping the thunder portions ha become white and wrinkled. I have only been snusing for 2 months. Would this be considered a snus lesion or just irritation from the salt and nicotine in the thunder? I know both our harmless but it seemed to take years to get this type of irritation with my Copenhagen and I used lOose and not Portions.

Offline Newbee

• Posts Pending
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 02:57:57 PM »
Also my gums are very white and wrinkled .

Offline Pirtek04

• Post Newbie
  • a dingo stole my baby
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2011, 04:10:33 PM »
Your gums are taking a long time to get used to snus. Be careful. White gums, lesions, If you start coughing alot it could be the aids
Tobacco whore at large