Author Topic: new to snus  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Newbee

• Posts Pending
new to snus
« on: November 06, 2011, 02:01:01 PM »
I am recently new to snus going on about a month now. I dipped for many many years but I decided snus was the safer options. When I dipped I had a pretty deep pocket in my lower check where I held my dip. I never changed spots, I held it there for a good 5 years. I was also a chain dipper, going through a can  or even two a day. I quit dip for about 6 months before starting snus to let my mouth heal good. I learned my lessen with dip so I have been moving the snus around often. I have been putting it in my upper lip, which is virgin to all tobacco products. I have not noticed any problems with my gums at all but my upper lip is very red. Have any of you experienced a red lip with snus? It also not painful. If you could share your experience with snus with me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Offline EricHill78

• Post Newbie
  • Gangsta!
Re: new to snus
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 02:21:40 PM »
You're good bro.. sometimes mainly In the beginning it can cause redness. To me it's kinda like you now when yer sitting on something weird and yer leg has a red mark like that. It's not dangerous at all. Welcome to the board by the way. Have you tried the los snus yet?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 02:25:25 PM by EricHill78 »

Offline Newbee

• Posts Pending
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 02:47:03 PM »
So far I have just tried portions. When I chewed, Copenhagen long cut is what I liked. What would you recommend? So far I like the Thunder mint portions, I like all that nicotine :)

Offline triktrak

• Post Newbie
  • Full time gamer
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 03:08:24 PM »
I had the same thing the first weeks with snus. It burns and was red because your blood fans swelling up. This will go away after a few weeks.

One of my favourites is Thunder frosted/Thunder coola/Thunder berry/Odens extreem. (edit:Skruf extra stark portions and loose)

I used this week for the first time dip. My gums are bleeding after a couple of dips so i wont dip so much... maby 3-4 times a day and it hurts like hell but the taste is so good just like the nicotine kick (skoal citrus) 
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 05:07:32 PM by triktrak »

Offline EricHill78

• Post Newbie
  • Gangsta!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 03:18:14 PM »
So far I have just tried portions. When I chewed, Copenhagen long cut is what I liked. What would you recommend? So far I like the Thunder mint portions, I like all that nicotine :)

There is a frosted los you'll probably enjoy that. For traditional tobacco flavor id say Ettan and Grovsnus.

Offline chadizzy1

• Co-Founder
  • Snubie.com / snusology.com
    • Snubie.com - Snus news, reviews, and information.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 03:30:16 PM »
There is a frosted los you'll probably enjoy that. For traditional tobacco flavor id say Ettan and Grovsnus.

And Prima Fint.  It's a great beginners loose.  Very easy to work with.

Offline Void

• Post Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 04:09:45 PM »
And Prima Fint.  It's a great beginners loose.  Very easy to work with.
And Röda Lacket, maybe even easier to bake.

Offline Newbee

• Posts Pending
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 03:21:47 PM »
Thanks for all your recommendations. I found this article on a forum about Swedish match forcing v2 to withdrawal there snus bc it's has to much bacteria on it. Here's the English translation. Has anyone heard of this? V2 claims they pasteurize there snus and use there own snus standard which is the same as swedish match. The just ordered 30 cans of thunder frosted and the whole reason I switched to skis was for the health benefits. Also since v2 is in Denmark is there snus still regulated by the Swedish FDA???

Offline chadizzy1

• Co-Founder
  • Snubie.com / snusology.com
    • Snubie.com - Snus news, reviews, and information.
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 09:32:33 PM »
V2 snus is made to the same standard that other snuses are held to.