snusology

A Hello and My Experience with my first Snus Portion

· 3 · 291

Offline bbommarito

A Hello and My Experience with my first Snus Portion
« on: August 14, 2020, 12:23:16 PM »
First of all I wanted to quickly introduce myself.

I'm Brian Bommarito though most just call me Burrito. I'm US born and bred, and I am just getting into the Snus world.

I wanted to post my first experience using a portion. It may be useful for those who are hesitant or who have seen the worst of the worst on Youtube (Full cans of Siberia portions, etc.) My first portion was an Etten Original. It was not at all what I expected, but that was not a bad thing.

Quick bit of backstory: 20 year smoker, 2 packs a day. My usual cigarettes are Winston Whites so a fairly light cigarette. I spent a good couple of weeks watching beginner Snus videos and watching a lot of Snubieís videos.

What I expected was an intense burn, extreme salty flavor, and a killer buzz. 8mg nic? Thatís 8 cigarettes. I figured I would keep it in for ten minutes and spit it out.

Quite the opposite. I am now 40 minutes with the portion in. I still want a cigarette but being a chain smoker I know thatís my brain just wanting a cigarette not out of need but habit.

The buzz is mild, surprisingly so. Now I can see how people can do strong portions. The flavor is muted but I expected that given how dulled out my tastebuds are. Slight burn on the swallow but nothing unpleasant, and no stomach upset. Portion is a bit odd to keep in place but I will get used to that. And burn? Barely there, even at the beginning. And the saltiness...well I love salty anything so that is a nice bonus.

Offline Swedish_Viking

Re: A Hello and My Experience with my first Snus Portion
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 03:02:43 PM »
Hello and Welcome!

Which brand of snus did you try?
Fint som snus - Fine as snus - common swedish term

Offline cnash

• snusology.com
Re: A Hello and My Experience with my first Snus Portion
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 07:43:12 PM »
Welcome!
Hope that you continue on your snus journey and we can help you. 😀