snusology

I think Snus saved my life!

· 2 · 35

Offline SleepyBeef

I think Snus saved my life!
« on: November 20, 2019, 09:56:33 PM »
Greetings and salutations!

I'm sure mine is a common tale. 

I was a smoker for almost 15 years...2 packs a day at my peak.  Finally decided to give it up FOR GOOD as I was starting to get nauseous and queasy and lightheaded every time I would smoke a cigarette.  After 3 days, I was almost home free...the cravings usually go away after about 3 days...but I couldn't take it.

I'M ADDICTED TO NICOTINE.  Plus, at the time I was jockeying the register at some local convenience store, surrounded by tobacco products.  I gazed at the bright colors of the Skoal and Copenhagen dip cans, able to smell sweet tobacco...but I had tried dip before and had not enjoyed it.  What the heck was this SNUS stuff, though?  Isn't it just dip in a pouch?  I had no idea of the immense rabbit hole I was about to dive into.  The store empty, I immediately starting researching snus.  After reading as much as I could and answering as many questions I could think of in my sometimes empty feeling head, I realized the tiny refrigerator we kept by the cigars was holding what I could only surmise was my ticket out of cigarette town. 

General Swedish Snus.  I tried a can of each, all white portions.  Original, mint, and wintergreen.  I was hooked.  The price cut alone was worth the switch, but also the decrease in health risk and the taste...oh yeah, that taste....in addition to being able to grab a nic fix anytime, anywhere, and without having to stop what I'm doing?  Nice.

TL;DR I used to smoke, now I snus. I like it a lot.

Offline Swedish_Viking

Re: I think Snus saved my life!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 10:15:23 AM »
Hello and welcome!

Even if your tale is a common one, it warms my Swedish heart to hear it.
I'm glad you enjoyed it and that you are now free from cigarettes.
Fint som snus - Fine as snus - common swedish term