Author Topic: New to buying online  (Read 203 times)

Offline snus_moose

• Posts Pending
New to buying online
« on: July 18, 2018, 02:06:50 PM »
Hey guys im new to snus! from the Great white north here. i just ordered some Snus from the Northerner and i wasn't shocked to see that when i ordered it to my house  instead of ordering it to the U.S. (i live in a border town to Vermont )  that i had to pay a extra 100$ customs .I'm writing this post to ask if when u guys order do u guys pay a extra customs tax? i also noticed that on the Northerner when i selected the U.S. the selection shrank exponentially so im guessing that is because the snus sold in the U.S.  selection region  and other chews  have no tax. so my question is every time u buy snus from Europe do u guys in the States have to pay additional tax at ur door? if not tell me which sites dont charge extra tax cuz i have a american postal box and i will just order it to the states if u guys aren't paying the extra customs tax because 3-5 bucks a tin with tax came up to 12-14 a tin.

Thanks
Snus_Mosse.

Offline stevencurrier

• Posts Pending
Re: New to buying online
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 02:37:52 PM »
order from snuscentral.com more choices shipping gets high but not to bad if you order 4 or more rolls it comes out to like 3 to 4 dollars a can with shipping

Offline Burnie

• Posts Pending
  • The Bug Man
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 02:41:50 PM »
Most of what I have ordered came from https://www.snuscentral.com/ and I was not charged extra tax, just high shipping.  The more you order, the less per can it cost for shipping.  Can't ship to a PO box from them, they only ship UPS so it has to be a physical address, and signature required on delivery.

Offline cnash

• Founder
    • snusology.com
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 07:02:06 AM »
So, if you are ordering to the US the taxes are much less.
Canada puts extremely high taxes on tobacco products and customs will hit you just about every time.

Ordering to the US and then picking it up would be the cheapest option, but just make sure that you aren't bringing over too much, because that also can get you in trouble.