Author Topic: Greetings from Seattle!  (Read 199 times)

Offline teknoinureye

• Posts Pending
Greetings from Seattle!
« on: June 19, 2018, 02:50:24 PM »
Hello!  I found out about Swedish snus while doing internet searches for nicotine alternatives to vaping and then (like many people) found Chad's website and YouTube channel.  I also joined the Reddit r/Snus community and learned even more from those helpful folks. 

I smoked cigarettes for 15 years and vaped for 3 and went without nicotine for many years in between.  I function much better mentally on nicotine and really enjoy tobacco flavor so now I am giving snus a try and letting my lungs take a much needed break.  Snus is very tasty but the nicotine has been kicking my ass and I can't keep a portion in for very long.  So far I am using 2-3 portions of General Original per day. Hopefully I will get used to the nicotine punch over time and not get such a headrush (I'm not one of those people that like the 'buzz').    I am putting together a big order on SnusCentral.com to try out other brands and lots of Los snus as I think I would prefer that to the pouches and I really enjoy strong tobacco flavor.  Any suggestions are welcome.

Happy to have found this community, see you guys around!

Offline cnash

• Founder
    • snusology.com
Re: Greetings from Seattle!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 07:38:29 PM »
Welcome!

I would suggest to start with white portions in original strength or even white mini portions. Then either stay there or dabble with original portions. But if you don't need the extra strength there is no reason to try stronger stuff.

Offline Burnie

• Posts Pending
  • The Bug Man
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 06:16:24 AM »
Here is a list of some of the weaker ones I have tried that were OK but a little weak for me.  Good Luck and Welcome.  :)

Epok Blueberry White Slim Portion Snus (5.95mg per portion) (OK but Weak)
Epok Melon White Slim Portion Snus (5.95mg per portion) (OK but Weak)
Epok Mint White Slim Portion Snus (5.95mg per portion) (OK but Weak)
General White Dry Mini Mint (4mg per portion) (OK but Weak)
Offroad Frosted White Dry (5.2mg per portion) (OK but Weak)
Offroad Smooth M White Mini (Mint) (2.4mg per portion) (OK but Very Weak)
Skruf Slim Fresh Blackberry (5.6mg per portion)  (OK)

Offline Finkie

• Posts Pending
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 05:25:59 PM »
I had a similar start.  Left smoking for a while but felt I focused alot better with the nicotine fix. Ettan original portions got me hooked right away without any head rush and It is still my favorite natural flavor snus out of them all.  Unfortunately after snusing the strong stuff recently I find myself putting in two portions of Ettan in order to match the stronger snus. Good luck!

Offline teknoinureye

• Posts Pending
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 09:20:55 PM »
Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys!  I am going to order Los and Mini's first for my first Swedish order and in the mean time keep going with my General Original portions I can buy at the gas station up the street.  Really tasty stuff its growing on me, like a tobacco/earl grey tea combo.  I thought for sure that coming from vaping the nicotine would not be an issue but yeah it's still kicking my ass a bit hahaha

Offline cnash

• Founder
    • snusology.com
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 02:08:44 PM »
I wish you the best of luck, try the minis and some small lös and you should be good.