Author Topic: Islay Whisky Snus Cans  (Read 554 times)

Offline Burnie

• Posts Pending
  • The Bug Man
Islay Whisky Snus Cans
« on: February 02, 2018, 08:16:18 PM »
Is there anyone out there that uses "Islay Whisky Snus Portions" that might be willing to part with a few of the cans (not the Snus, Just the cans)??? I really like to metal cans but not interested in ordering more of the Snus. It was OK, but not something I want to use. I like the metal can for my carry can, I put my selection in small zip bags and carry an assortment with me in the Islay Whisky Snus can.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:04:43 PM by Burnie »

Offline Burnie

• Posts Pending
  • The Bug Man
Re: Islay Whisky Snus Cans
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 02:05:20 PM »
Still Looking, Anyone???

Offline cnash

• Founder
    • snusology.com
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 07:52:56 PM »
I have a few but I would like to keep them as well. They don't seal exceptionally well for snus storage though.

Offline Burnie

• Posts Pending
  • The Bug Man
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 06:35:57 AM »
I put the selection of Snus I want to carry in little (1.5"x1.5") zip bags, so the can not sealing good does not bother me as the Snus is sealed in the zip bags.  I normally carry 1/2 dozen different Snus with me, I like the variety through the day.  :) 

I just didn't think when I was ordering Large orders the first of the year to throw in some cans of it, and I am stocked up until late this year before I will need to think about another order.

I was just thinking someone out there might use it on a regular basis and have an over supply of the cans that they might be willing to part with a few, wishful thinking I guess.

I have a few but I would like to keep them as well. They don't seal exceptionally well for snus storage though.

Offline Burnie

• Posts Pending
  • The Bug Man
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 03:18:37 PM »
I got to thinking about that a little more and looking at the cans, I think I might be able to put an o-ring in the lid.  With that in mind, I measured it with my calipers, and then went online and ordered 7 different sizes to try.  Sucks the shipping was more than the o-rings, but I get this bug to try something and I just don't sweat the little blips.  I have a can that was sent to me that was rusty inside, I sanded it out and painted it, but now it smells like paint, so I can't use it for Snus, but it will be good to experiment on with putting an o-ring in the lid.  If by chance I mess it up, it won't be a big loss as I can't use it for Snus anyway.  :)

They don't seal exceptionally well for snus storage though.

Offline cnash

• Founder
    • snusology.com
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 11:20:41 AM »
I got to thinking about that a little more and looking at the cans, I think I might be able to put an o-ring in the lid.  With that in mind, I measured it with my calipers, and then went online and ordered 7 different sizes to try.  Sucks the shipping was more than the o-rings, but I get this bug to try something and I just don't sweat the little blips.  I have a can that was sent to me that was rusty inside, I sanded it out and painted it, but now it smells like paint, so I can't use it for Snus, but it will be good to experiment on with putting an o-ring in the lid.  If by chance I mess it up, it won't be a big loss as I can't use it for Snus anyway.  :)

Let me know how it works.

Offline Burnie

• Posts Pending
  • The Bug Man
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2018, 02:47:29 PM »
Tracking shows the o-rings I ordered will be here tomorrow.  I'm really busy this week being the first of the month, but I should have time by the weekend to see if it will work.  I'll let you know one way or the other.  :)

Offline Burnie

• Posts Pending
  • The Bug Man
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 04:24:23 PM »
The o-ring idea didn't work, just wasted $10 on 7 different sizes, either too big or too small.  I'm not going to waste any more money trying, just not worth the cost.  :(

Offline cnash

• Founder
    • snusology.com
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 12:06:49 PM »
The o-ring idea didn't work, just wasted $10 on 7 different sizes, either too big or too small.  I'm not going to waste any more money trying, just not worth the cost.  :(

Awe, that sucks. I'm sorry.

Offline Burnie

• Posts Pending
  • The Bug Man
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 08:59:47 PM »
I did find a way to seal the cans better.  :)
There are 4 dimples that the lid catches on, I took an awl and GENTLY made them a little bigger, now the lid is a lot tighter.  An o-ring would have been better, but it is better than nothing.  :)

Offline cnash

• Founder
    • snusology.com
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 08:56:40 AM »
I did find a way to seal the cans better.  :)
There are 4 dimples that the lid catches on, I took an awl and GENTLY made them a little bigger, now the lid is a lot tighter.  An o-ring would have been better, but it is better than nothing.  :)

I wasn't concerned about the tightness of the can but more of the actuall seal for "freshness".