Author Topic: Add Flavor to Snus portions?  (Read 514 times)

Offline Burnie

• Posts Pending
  • The Bug Man
Add Flavor to Snus portions?
« on: January 21, 2018, 05:15:32 PM »
Anyone ever add flavoring to your Snus portions? If you have, what did you use and how much?

I have a lot of DIY flavorings from making e-liquid, so decided to try a couple of experiments. Took a few pouches of Ving 99, which really does not have a coffee taste to me (could be dead taste buds), and added 4 drops of Lotta Latte Blend to each pouch, and a few pouches of Epok Blueberry, which has a very weak flavor also (again could be dead taste buds), and added 4 drops of Blueberry Extra to each pouch. They are in the fridge now for a couple of days to let the flavors meld with the tobacco. If it works, I can take a basic bland Snus, and spice it up to my liking.  :)

Offline cnash

• Founder
    • snusology.com
Re: Add Flavor to Snus portions?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 03:44:52 PM »
I've added flavor to loose in the past and it worked pretty well. Just make sure that the starting snus is very generic in flavor otherwise it will be quite muddled.

Offline Burnie

• Posts Pending
  • The Bug Man
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 04:20:12 PM »
I've added flavor to loose in the past and it worked pretty well. Just make sure that the starting snus is very generic in flavor otherwise it will be quite muddled.
True, adding coffee flavor to a mint Snus would not work very well, but chocolate pairs well with mint.  :)  What I am wanting to try is to up the "Supposed" flavor, or take ones that do not have a flavor, so to speak, and create something new.  Any idea where to get flavors?  What I have from DIY for vaping, most do not taste very good on the tongue, but work well in an e-juice.  I still have not tasted a lot of them, going to take some time, as it over powers your taste buds tasting it right out of the bottle. 

Offline Gotrek

• Post Newbie
  • This is SPARTAAA!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 09:41:06 PM »
I always used wizardlabs.us for vaping flavors.

They have different brands for really decent prices. The flavors might taste bad for you in snus because they are extremely concentrated. Try mixing them down with PG. Even tasting a flat vaping juice can deliver really intense amounts of flavor hen you consume the juice directly.

Offline cnash

• Founder
    • snusology.com
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 11:52:39 PM »
I always used wizardlabs.us for vaping flavors.

They have different brands for really decent prices. The flavors might taste bad for you in snus because they are extremely concentrated. Try mixing them down with PG. Even tasting a flat vaping juice can deliver really intense amounts of flavor hen you consume the juice directly.

Wizard labs has some good stuff. I also used to use the perfumers apprentice.
I just don't know how much the pg will mix with the snus. I know people used to make e-liquid by using pg to soak portions and that residual juice is what they would vape for flavor and nicotine.

Offline Gotrek

• Post Newbie
  • This is SPARTAAA!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 10:43:41 PM »
Wizard labs has some good stuff. I also used to use the perfumers apprentice.
I just don't know how much the pg will mix with the snus. I know people used to make e-liquid by using pg to soak portions and that residual juice is what they would vape for flavor and nicotine.
Read the back label of your snus cans. PG is E1520 which is literally in every snus as a humectant. The American General cans even state PG specifically.
So it should be the ideal carrier liquid to flavor snus.

On the other hand distilled water or everclear should work just as well.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:18:45 PM by Gotrek »

Offline cnash

• Founder
    • snusology.com
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 09:21:40 PM »
Read the back label of your snus cans. PG is E1520 which is literally in every snus as a humectant. The American General cans even state PG specifically.
So it should be the ideal carrier liquid to flavor snus.

On the other hand distilled water or everclear should work just as well.
I understand that it's in there. But to add more photos, I'm not sure what what would do. The juice would be really damp and drip excessively and the flavor may get muddied.

Offline Burnie

• Posts Pending
  • The Bug Man
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 06:08:34 AM »
So far I have only found one flavor I like from OSDIYS, Lotta Latte.  I mix it 1 part concentrate, 1 part VG, 1 part Distilled water.  I have a little spray bottle and spray a mist on Olde Ving 99 portions, then leave them in the fridge for several days.  Add's more flavor to them.  So far I have not been able to find another flavor that taste good to me, but I am still testing.  :)

Offline Gotrek

• Post Newbie
  • This is SPARTAAA!!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 07:28:11 PM »
I tried it myself and found that 2 to 3 drops of flavor per portion work quite well for me. I wanted to add some red berry flavor to Kaliber.
With 2 drops it's nice and not too intense. I let the portions dry out a little bit so I can add water to the flavor.