Author Topic: Another making the switch to snus QUESTIONS..HELP  (Read 201 times)

Offline Sting Free Snus

• Posts Pending
  • No Pain, strain or stain. Patented snus innovation
Re: Another making the switch to snus QUESTIONS..HELP
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 08:43:42 AM »
agree with staying away from the super strong snus varieties except on odd occasions. Reason being the body adapt quickly to the high nicotine levels and just like an alcoholic, the body gets used to the "new normal" and thus all happiness of going back to the 250 more normal snus sorts is fruitless. Besides the superstrong sorts have to be disguised in mint since nicotine in to high portions can have a sharp burnt bitter taste in it self. This is science.
Bengt Wiberg
Snus innovator, patent holder, CEO & global award winner with Sting Free Snus NYC 15/9 2017
https://www.facebook.com/stingfreesnus/ - www.stingfreesnus.com - Instagram: Sting Free Snus
Twitter: @stingfreesnus - LinkedIn: Bengt Wiberg CEO -

Offline cnash

• Founder
    • snusology.com
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 07:49:35 AM »
Very true man.
 8mg and 1 gram was the Industry standard.

Man, thanks for the reply.
  I'm still searching for balance between strong and original portions.

Aside from novelty, I can't grasp why anyone would wanna use those SUPER NICOTINE latest greatest.
    Sucks to me, there's fewer and fewer original strength snus available...

You would be surprised just how many "regular" strength options there really are.

Offline pwillco

• Posts Pending
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2017, 06:56:22 PM »
agree with staying away from the super strong snus varieties except on odd occasions. Reason being the body adapt quickly to the high nicotine levels and just like an alcoholic, the body gets used to the "new normal" and thus all happiness of going back to the 250 more normal snus sorts is fruitless. Besides the superstrong sorts have to be disguised in mint since nicotine in to high portions can have a sharp burnt bitter taste in it self. This is science.

I've started ordering snus online again from the USA (I've been using the few General varieties they sell here, other than an online order two years ago). Anyway, in shopping all the many varieties available online I was at first confused by all newer/increasing number of the strong, Extra Strong, Super Strong, and now even a Super Extra Strong (I think? the G3 Volt?). I am still confused of the nicotine strength past Extra Sterk/Strong, since that is the highest I have tried. I only have only just started trying the Strong and Extra Strong . I have stayed away from the Oden's and Thunder which seem to be known for the high-octane amount of nicotine in their snus.

I just recently ordered a few cans of Extra Strong, and also more of the Strong varieties (mostly Swedish Match, mostly General and XRange, with some Jakobsson's). I do want to try and keep the Regular Strength General portions as my "everyday" snus, since that is what is sold where I live and I'm used to it. I could see switching between Strong and Regular strength as being ok, but using the Extra Strong everyday could cause me to lose enjoyment of Regular General. But I may have to be mindful how much Strong variety I am using and try to keep using Regular strength most of the time.