Author Topic: UPS holding shipment  (Read 687 times)

Offline jstone138

• Posts Pending
UPS holding shipment
« on: January 18, 2018, 11:28:15 AM »
 Hey all, I am curious if anyone else is having to wait longer than normal for their snus shipments? I placed an order from Snuscentral last Friday( Jan 11) and it has been sitting in their holding warehouse in Kentucky since the 16th. The last update from UPS says it will be held until released by the clearance agency. Has anyone else run into this problem? I usually order from buysnus.com and get my order within 3 to 4 days but I went with Snuscentral cause they had a good deal on rolls. I'm not blaming Snuscentral for this hold up, I just wanna know if this is happening to other customers of theirs.

Offline Burnie

• Posts Pending
  • The Bug Man
Re: UPS holding shipment
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 06:04:28 AM »
That is what happened to my first order from Snus Central, took 13 days, second order took 6 days, both going through Louisville, KY.  My next two orders went through PA (snus central & snus24) and were here in 3 days & 2 days.  Louisville seems to be a black hole.  :(

Hey all, I am curious if anyone else is having to wait longer than normal for their snus shipments? I placed an order from Snuscentral last Friday( Jan 11) and it has been sitting in their holding warehouse in Kentucky since the 16th. The last update from UPS says it will be held until released by the clearance agency. Has anyone else run into this problem? I usually order from buysnus.com and get my order within 3 to 4 days but I went with Snuscentral cause they had a good deal on rolls. I'm not blaming Snuscentral for this hold up, I just wanna know if this is happening to other customers of theirs.

Offline jstone138

• Posts Pending
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 12:20:50 PM »
I just spoke with a clearance agent who said that it was waitng for the proper info from the seller and that there was 125 packages from the seller that was waiting to be cleared so it looks like Im not the only one anxiously waiting.

Offline jstone138

• Posts Pending
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 10:35:21 AM »
Still have not revived my snus. The last update from ups was on the 22nd.at 11:56 pm  Which states "documentation was submitted to a government agency and are awaiting a response / brokerage released the package. It will be processed through a clearing agency before final release to ups...so I guess it's the fda/ government holding it up...stupid pact act! Beyond annoyed now! >:(

Offline Burnie

• Posts Pending
  • The Bug Man
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 03:33:52 PM »
I know the feeling, Louisville, KY is a Black Hole for shipments that need FDA clearance.  I hope mine never go through there again, but we have no control.  Sucks to pay such high shipping charges and it take this long to get a package.  :(

Offline jstone138

• Posts Pending
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 09:03:18 AM »
Well finally they have released the package and it finally got to California. I should have it today. 13 days after order was placed. And thanks for the info Burnie.

Offline TeddyWil

• Posts Pending
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 06:48:29 AM »
Thanks for sharing this, jstone. At least we now know not to cut it short and allow for plenty of time for it to arrive. I feel for you though, I would have been endlessly annoyed in this situation too.

Offline Gotrek

• Post Newbie
  • This is SPARTAAA!!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 10:16:22 PM »
Oh man. My first snuscetral order is just in the air from Germany to the US. Hope they drop it off right here in Chicago.

Offline chadizzy1

• Co-Founder
  • Snubie.com / snusology.com
    • Snubie.com - Snus news, reviews, and information.
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 05:09:39 PM »
Snus orders being delayed due to brokerage/clearing - explanation
Are you seeing your order being delayed? Are you seeing something in your tracking about clearing/brokerage? Hopefully this will help explain it.

Rules - a little background
Due to the PACT Act, all snus orders shipped into the US have to be shipped via a carrier that verifies age. This is why everyone uses UPS and why shipping costs a little extra.
Packages are required to be signed by someone who is 21 or older, and their ID has to be verified upon delivery.
FDA rules also mandate that labels be placed on the top and side of the can, and they have to be a certain size.
Packages have to be declared as containing tobacco. They can't be declared as "Swedish goods".

Now, why is my order being delayed?
As with everything, people will always try to find a way around the rules. Not everyone shipping to the US was following FDA rules. There was a store that was offering cheaper shipping and packages weren't being properly declared, they weren’t being shipped signature required or age verified, and the labels they were placing on the can weren’t the correct size as mandated by the FDA. This went on for a while until eventually it was caught. Now, UPS is having to “hand check” packages. Meaning they personally are verifying some packages to ensure they are in compliance with PACT Act/FDA rules. So, “yay cheaper shipping!” led to longer delays. We tried to warn people that this would happen, so here we are.

Will this get any better?
We can’t say at this time. It may get worse. This may actually lead to an increase in wait and an increase in shipping costs due to these longer delays due to brokerage/clearing/hand checking. But this has become the new normal and is something that is happening to more and more people.

Offline Gotrek

• Post Newbie
  • This is SPARTAAA!!!!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 09:25:00 PM »
What I found interesting is that my package had to be cleared in every country it passed.

On a funnier note: My order is delayed due to a mechanical problems. Guess the truck had a flat.