snusology

Anybody tried Smokey Mountain??

· 11 · 2353

Offline Taskmaster99

Anybody tried Smokey Mountain??
« on: October 01, 2015, 01:27:53 AM »
I figured it belongs here even though its fake. I went to my local tobacco shop and the owner had some sample cans. I tried them for the hell of it. It wasn't pretty!!!! This stuff is made of corn silk and molasses. Taking a dip leaves your fingers so damn messy....its actually disgusting. I got 4 sample cans and took a dip out of each and ended up throwing the rest of the tin away. I'll break down the flavors I tried.

Arctic Mint: Decent. Almost a cross between Skoal Mint/Spearmint. Cool burn on the gums. Out of all I tried...this is the most dipole.

Wintergreen: Pure ass!!!!!!!! Absolutely freakin disgusting!!!!! If any of you thought Longhorn wintergreen was horrid....this kicks its ass.

Cherry: Fake ass cherry flavor. Worse than Skoal cherry.

Classic: Supposedly a natural tobacco taste.....Ive never tasted tobacco that bad!!!!

If I ever one day decide to try and quit....this will not be my way to go.

Offline vogisnus

• vogi snus youtube
Re: Anybody tried Smokey Mountain??
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 04:59:33 AM »
I tried all the flavors. Basically the same reaction. I actually kind of liked the classic a little bit. But that texture and "cut" is unforgivable. It is also so sticky and hard to pinch. I bought some because I quit dipping 11 years ago and still wanted to spit every now and again. The flavor was off and the texture was so bad I just started dipping when i get the craving again.

Offline Taskmaster99

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 07:29:00 AM »
I tried all the flavors. Basically the same reaction. I actually kind of liked the classic a little bit. But that texture and "cut" is unforgivable. It is also so sticky and hard to pinch. I bought some because I quit dipping 11 years ago and still wanted to spit every now and again. The flavor was off and the texture was so bad I just started dipping when i get the craving again.

Yeah man.....I don't see how they can claim that this is close to the real thing. That corn silk feels nothing like tobacco. There are some lesser known ones out there that have sample cans. I may try a couple just to see what they are all about.

Offline vogisnus

• vogi snus youtube
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 04:51:31 AM »
Mint chew is crap as well. It is really sticky and nothing like dip. stay away.

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 01:27:00 PM »
Thanks for the Heads up.  I saw it at the gas station last night, and thought about it for a second, then just walked away.
Call it what you want, but I never get the last pinch, it is scattered to the wind, because that pinch, is my Daddy's Pinch...

Offline Taskmaster99

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 11:59:50 PM »
Thanks for the Heads up.  I saw it at the gas station last night, and thought about it for a second, then just walked away.

Oh yeah....avoid avoid avoid!!!!! It might be ok if it actually had nicotine but to be fake dip with no nicotine and taste like ass....Im surprised they are as big as they are. A lot of people use it to quit.....but damn I can't see how. Now I have heard the peach tastes good......so maybe one flavor out of all of them....lol.

Offline vogisnus

• vogi snus youtube
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 03:18:58 PM »
I would actually go for the cowboy coffee chew. It is nothing texture wise, or taste wise of chew, but you can still spit it, and it tastes like coffee. I used coffee to help quit smoking. It gives you a little nicotine hit. But other then quitting dipping, just buy dip.

Offline Taskmaster99

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 12:48:51 AM »
I would actually go for the cowboy coffee chew. It is nothing texture wise, or taste wise of chew, but you can still spit it, and it tastes like coffee. I used coffee to help quit smoking. It gives you a little nicotine hit. But other then quitting dipping, just buy dip.

Ive wanted to try that coffee chew!!!! I think I will now. It does give a nic hit??

Offline vogisnus

• vogi snus youtube
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 04:37:13 AM »
NO. No nic hit. Caffeine though.

Offline Taskmaster99

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 09:33:46 PM »
NO. No nic hit. Caffeine though.

Just ordered a 5 tin pack for 21 bucks shipped free.....lol. I can't wait to dip my morning cup of coffee.

Offline vogisnus

• vogi snus youtube
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 04:14:27 AM »
I really need to put an order of that stuff in. lol