snusology

Online snus to a military APO address

· 6 · 3500

Offline Brotolemaeus

Online snus to a military APO address
« on: June 29, 2012, 03:28:42 PM »
Hey, first post here as it seemed the best snus related forum I could find. I am currently stationed in Kuwait at an APO address, and brought only a few tins of snus with me expecting that it would be no hassle to order more and I am running dangerously low. I can't seem to find the ability to order snus to an APO online anywhere, with the one site allowing me to select armed forces Europe still had the default US styled shipping info that I obviously couldn't complete (city zip and such). Has anyone had any experience with this before? Thanks for all the help.

Offline Tregs

Re: Online snus to a military APO address
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 12:50:35 AM »
I am not in the military so I can't say from direct experience. But I would say your best bet would be to contact the site you are trying to order from. Most of the big online snus stores have a phone number or email to ask them questions.  Maybe there is a way for them to do a custom shipping address if you cannot fill out the form.

Offline Moe Unz

• SnusCentral eStore
    • SnusCentral Snus Store
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 10:51:41 PM »
Hello!

Under the PACT Act, it is prohibited to ship snus via mail to any US address including APO and FPO.  UPS can not deliver to post office addresses of which they consider APO and FPO addresses to be.

US service people abroad who live in off-base housing can order and receive product to those addresses, although they may have to pay customs.

The solution that most in your situation use is to have the snus delivered to a friend or family member in the US and have them re-ship it to your APO/FPO address.  While this solution works, it kind of sucks as it will take longer to receive your order and you now have to deal with two shipping charges.

America's armed forces members deserve much better.
MOE UNZ
YOUR Snus eStore Manager at www.SnusCentral.com

Offline dariondesode

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 05:51:44 PM »
I was curious if there was any update to this information.  I live in Japan off base and have been getting my deliveries too my Japanese address but with the new year tax increase the customs fees added an additional $80 to my order price.

Offline Northerner_com

• World's largest smokeless tobacco selection online
    • Northerner
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2017, 01:18:05 PM »
Northerner.com does ship to APO addresses!
Best regards,
Northerner.com

Offline dariondesode

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2017, 05:27:38 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the info, I'll check them out and see what they have.