snusology

Rebuilding protank heads?

· 4 · 1431

Offline nate.n

Rebuilding protank heads?
« on: April 06, 2014, 12:14:48 AM »
so i decided to try rebuilding my coils today and it working great im using 28g kanthal and cotton wicks. so far ive built two a 1.6 ohm and a sub ohm .8! the .8 vapes amazing tons of vapor and the flavor is awsome! the only thing im havin trouble with is that little rubber gromet that holds the coil wires keeps breaking. anyone know a better way of getting it out so it doesnt tear?

Offline cnash

• snusology.com
Re: Rebuilding protank heads?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 12:44:01 AM »
Don't go under 1.2 on pro tanks. you will melt the rubber grommet every time.
If you like rebuilding get a kayfun lite or russian 91%. they cape amazing. It's like heaven!

Offline nate.n

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 01:14:36 AM »
yea thats what i read i just built it again and bumped it up to 1 ohm so we will see how she does. ive been thinking about getting a kayfun for a few days so i figured i would try it on my protank before i decided to fork over the cash for a kayfun. so far i like it so i will def be getting one soon.

Offline Valiant

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 01:34:36 AM »
For what it's worth, last time I checked, you can buy insulators in two different materials to replace the ones you tore at Lightening Vapes. Not sure if you can go lower with those insulators but they only cost a buck for a bunch and shipping is free. Or buy a pack of 50 pre-cut NR/R/NR wires at Fast-tech.