snusology

The best straight dip, but cheaper than Grizzly

· 9 · 2361

Offline GrizzStraight96

The best straight dip, but cheaper than Grizzly
« on: March 13, 2014, 04:30:08 PM »
I love most straight dips: Grizzly, Copenhagen/Cope, Skoal, etc.

I'm just a poor college student with a night job, I've never dipped any other than the three brands above, with the exception of my first dip (Timberwolf Peach). I need to find a dip cheaper than Grizzly, but from what I heard from friends and other dippers they all suck. Which cheaper brand do you recommend I try out, preferably with a good straight.

Offline SirLoot

• Currently IMM: Lucky Strikes 4 Lyfe !
Re: The best straight dip, but cheaper than Grizzly
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 12:56:03 AM »
Time 4 some Pre-Dinnar Mayonaise. Mmmm ist Gud 4 yu

Offline RorySkowron

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 01:48:36 AM »
Longhorn is a very cheap brand and available in most places. Their straight tastes similar to Copenhagen's, but lower quality. Not awful though.

Offline Ragekai

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 07:20:38 PM »
I think Grizzly is as cheap as it gets without sacrificing quality seriously..

Offline DoomiteAsh

• Livin' the Doomite life!
    • DoomiteAsh's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 12:16:11 PM »
You can get Stoker's Straight at Northerner for about $10 a tub. Even with the shipping, that would probably be less per can that Grizz or even Longhorn. I haven't tried Stoker's Straight yet, but I'd love to since their WG rocks!
Keep on dipping, snusing, and using smokeless tobacco in general! http://www.youtube.com/doomiteash

Offline Grizzlyman19

• Grizzlyman19 is here!!
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 02:45:16 PM »
I think Grizzly is as cheap as it gets without sacrificing quality seriously..

I agree with that I like grizz straight and I've also tried other straights as well as longhorn... I have to agree...
Flying waffles!!

Offline cnash

• snusology.com
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 02:04:18 AM »
Longhorn and timberwolf aren't lower quality. Just manufactured differently at a cheaper price point. 
Honestly I find the long horn natural fine cut to be almost exactly like grizzly snuff.

Offline Alex7000

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 03:45:28 AM »
If your committed to dipping as most of us are,  find a way to stick with the Grizzly  - make adjustments in your spending priorities and accept that you now have a dependency to maintain - Actually this should be your top priority I would thank - You will figure it out and come to terms with the inevitable I'm sure.

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 02:15:54 PM »
Copenhagen mint is 3.55-4.25 here in Ms. Other copenhagens are way too fuckin' expensive (up to $7). Longhorn is 99 cents to 1.75 here. Grizzly is like 2.99-4.75.  It all depends in what state your in. I just hope they don't put taxes on smokeless tobacco and cigars like they did on cigarettes. To be honest wit you grizzly is going to your best bet or timberwolf. Longhorn is fuckin' nasty, copenhagen is expensive. Grizzly is stronger than copenhagen (we can all agree on that) and it is hella lot cheaper. Timberwolf is strong too but not as strong as Grizzly. So go with Grizzly or Timberwolf.