Topic rating:
  • Currently 5.00/5

(GN) Olde Ving 99

· 4 · 1761

Offline Snus Raider

• Trust. Respect. Integrity.
(GN) Olde Ving 99
« on: August 01, 2013, 10:51:41 AM »
My first impression of OLDE VING 99 was not good; it was extremely salty with overtones of bathroom gas.   Not a cleaning product type of gas, either.  Rank. 
But so was Jack Daniels at first toss, (if I recall), I was stuffing Swedish Match’s General  products up my lip for 9 months here and this new snus was new, very different, this was not General OP.  I copped this Monday night after work, and of course, snatched a can, popped the lid, and took a hit.
 Whoa, (insert gag and swallow sounds here) but I know… aroma.. scent.. does not always translate under the lip or with the drip, but coffee or cappuccino was hidden in there, along with a dark cocoa, the initial salt is what took me to the wretch reflex, only tried two portions that night.   
Tuesday morning slide one in for the shit and shave, tossed it the bowl with the shit, showered and shaved.  That portion lasted 5 maybe 7 minutes.  18 portions a can, 15 to go, I don’t know. 
Wednesday, kicked around and tossed one under for a quick trip down the road and back and I noticed the extreme salt was not so heavy this time, 25 minutes and noted nice dark tones of cocoa and a touch of cappuccino or espresso.  Here it is early evening, still Wednesday and I must have slide in another four portions into today’s rotation of General Lös and OP.  Now finding myself grabbing the OV99 can for a brief inhale to acclimate my senses, as I did with this General Lös at first, like a good cognac, the senses need some time to assimilate the nuances of certain luxuries.  Overall I would give this snus 5 on a scale of 10.  With General Lös being a solid 9 as a barometer to my taste level.   Three days can affect a lot, as Olde Ving 99 can be described as having taken me from the days gone by of grandpa on the flush to a cool tall glass of Bosco.  The morale of this story is that shit happens faster the older you get on.

And as long as there is coffee, chocolate, tobacco and cognac, life is just fine.

Offline Heders

• HedersTobacco
Re: (GN) Olde Ving 99
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 11:31:04 AM »
Awesome review man!  I have never tried it, but it seems interesting to say the least.

Offline Snus Raider

• Trust. Respect. Integrity.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 10:23:41 AM »
Grab a can, not a roll, this stuff is not for everyone, but it does do the trick nicely.

Offline Luke Duke

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 02:34:44 AM »
Great snus! Just got my first can and man there is just something about it!