snusology

Your thoughts on Kodiak

· 5 · 2834

Offline snus_in_my_lip

Your thoughts on Kodiak
« on: August 12, 2012, 12:13:55 AM »
I've been wanting to try kodiak what would you rate it and what flavors do you recommend

Offline Pirtek04

• a dingo stole my baby
Re: Your thoughts on Kodiak
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 11:44:04 AM »
Kodiak is a cheaper brand with a cheaper taste.  I would think about if you like straight or natural. there are many more cheap brands I would try first. e.g. Silver Creek straight or Red Seal Natural.
Long term, try them all, a new can every week. You will soon find your go to dip.
Tobacco whore at large

Offline cnash

• snusology.com
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 05:02:40 PM »
Kodiak wintergreen is probably my favorite wintergreen.

Offline Tregs

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 07:56:43 PM »
Kodiak is a cheaper brand with a cheaper taste.  I would think about if you like straight or natural. there are many more cheap brands I would try first. e.g. Silver Creek straight or Red Seal Natural.
Long term, try them all, a new can every week. You will soon find your go to dip.
No man.    Kodiak is classified as a premium brand. It is priced in the same price range as Skoal And Cope.   Kodiak and Grizzy are both made by the same company.  Grizzly is their cheap brand, and Kodiak is the premium brand. Kodiak only has three flavors Mint, WG, and Straight.    Grizzly makes a natural though (actually 3 naturals,  Grizzly Natural, Grizzly 1900, and Grizzly Snuff, they are all naturals more or less but slightly different blends) , and Grizz naturals are really good (especially their snuff).  I actually like Grizzly better than Kodiak and it is half the price, I am not even sure why Conwood still makes Kodiak, because Grizzly is better and cheaper, and I don't know a single dipper who dips Kodiak, I have a feeling Kodiak will be taken off the market sooner or later because they seem to have given up on it (no new flavors and very minimal marketing). 

Offline darksnuffdipper

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 01:31:44 AM »
i have never seen CHEAP kodiak.. i dont think it exist. 

kodiak is indeed a premium brand with premium taste, and kick.