Offline snus_in_my_lip

tell me about nasal snuff I'm interested in trying it
« on: July 18, 2012, 04:06:56 AM »
does it give you a nic hit and what are the medical warning

Offline Gotrek

• This is SPARTAAA!!!!
Re: tell me about nasal snuff I'm interested in trying it
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 06:30:22 PM »
If you're not using extreme strong snus you can (!!!!) get a nic hit by using strong snuffs like Viking Dark or the south african snuffs.
Snuff doesn't harm your health that much. The WHO did a research in snuff causing cancer but is diesn't.

Offline Spice 8

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 03:21:48 AM »
i like snuffs alot. its a whole new way to enjoy tobacco. Its cheap and there are hundreds opon hundreds of different snuffs. start off with a medium to course grind, because the finer dustier snuffs like High Dry Toasts require some experianced use. I would start with a bunch different medium to course grind like Molens, and Schmaltzers, and some of the english offerings. Toque Quit is pretty goos as a starter too.

Offline Stubby

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 10:31:25 PM »
I've been able to cut my snus us down by about 1/3 once I got the hang of it. It does take a bit more skill then snus. I do have to say that I'm not a heavy snus user. I did about 5 to 6 grams a day of standard strength snus before I started snuff. I've cut that down on that since taking up snuff.

I'm not so sure about starting out with toque quit as a starter. It does have a good nicotine hit but it doesn't have much in the way of flavor and it is not the easiest to take for a beginner. I would suggest some of the meduim grind, medium moisture snuffs to get a feel for it.

Offline vinc69

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 06:07:06 AM »
I tried it once and it wasn't a pleasent experience for me , I had a bad reaction to it, sneezing, coughing, watering eyes was not any fun so that was the last time , I tried it ! :'(

Offline Stubby

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:48:07 PM »
I tried it once and it wasn't a pleasent experience for me , I had a bad reaction to it, sneezing, coughing, watering eyes was not any fun so that was the last time , I tried it ! :'(

That's a lot like saying you tried Swedish snus once and it was to salty so it's no good.

It takes some time and acquired skill to get the get the hang of it. You very likely sniffed to hard and got it in the back of the throat. When done gentle and kept in the nose and not the throat it is a very nice experience. It is a bit messy but its good stuff.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 06:32:05 AM by Stubby »

Offline vinc69

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »
Yeah you' r problably right I snorted it like a line of ''''' ! ;)