snusology

Snus(and general tobacco)&Clichee

· 4 · 790

Offline Bewn

Snus(and general tobacco)&Clichee
« on: March 26, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
Hi my friends,

id like to ask you about this topic i came across recently.

I just received my first couple of cans and when i met a friend whos is interested in smokeless too, i wanted to introduce him to snus, showing him my can of odens extreme.
He responded with something incredibly german which can be more or less translated as:
"are you f****ng serious? Oden's? EXTREME? bah, what do i ask, of course you are! Just look a you!"

Well, you must know that im slightly above 6ft, have blond hair, blue eyes, red beard and have a rather massive stature, so yeah: kinda clichee!

I was somewhat embarassed ;)

That next thing that came to my mind was a friend of my wife who can be described as a having the looks and attitude of a fashion model and OF COURSE smokes slim-line cigs. Well those arent snus but it seems to be a fitting habit.

Do you have any similar (or totally different) experiences?

It might seem to be a little bit of a silly topic, but please respond, im curious;)

Greetz
Bewn
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:21:23 PM by Bewn »

Offline snusjus

Re: Snus(and general tobacco)&Clichee
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 02:11:04 PM »
I use Göteborgs Rapé, but I'm NOT a rapist! Also, I've never been to Göteborg or anywhere in Sweden.

Most people associate General with middle/upper class and white collar workers. The same could be said for Göteborgs Rapé; it's also popular with the young/hipster crowd. Grov is for blue collar and working class men. Ettan is for old timers and/or manual laborers. Catch is for women.

Of course, there are always exceptions to every rule. Perhaps hipsters will start using Ettan because it's vintage/old school. Haha.

Offline lacelva1

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 03:07:21 PM »
Out here in Montana, the tobacco and type of person go hand in hand.  Every cowboy and their grandmother dips copenhagen and only copenhagen.  Every white trash hillbilly smokes Marlboro reds.  Last but not least, every tree hugging hippy or hipster rolls their own natural tobacco.  Besides myself and one of my friends, nobody uses snus. 

Online SirLoot

• Currently IMM: Lucky Strikes 4 Lyfe !
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 03:27:10 AM »
i woulda thought the hipsters an or rebels would be usin Roda and N&J .. and Onyx for the aristocrats ;{  <-- monocle and mustache
Time 4 some Pre-Dinnar Mayonaise. Mmmm ist Gud 4 yu